McAfee Support by Professionals
Steps to create your McAfee online account
In order to enjoy all the benefits and more of the McAfee antivirus software that you have purchased, it is best to create your McAfee online account. You can follow these simple instructions given below and can avoid contacting McAfee help for assistance.
- Go to the McAfee website (https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-us/store/m0/index.html)
- Click on My Account on top of the page on the right side.
- Then click on Sign In
- In the next page, click on the Register Now
- Under Create an Account window fill in your name, email address and password.
- Then click on I Agree
This completes the McAfee online account creation. You can manage your McAfee subscription, handle McAfee renewal, buy McAfee antivirus software, for McAfee software download and do a lot more things through your McAfee online account. It is not a requirement that you have to buy or own McAfee software in order for you to create the McAfee online account. You can also enable or disable McAfee auto renewal option for your McAfee antivirus software as per your needs using your McAfee online account.
Steps to edit McAfee account password
Customers can follow the steps given below to change the password for their McAfee online account.
- First, go to McAfee main page and sign in.
- Select My Account tab and then tap on Update Profile option.
- Now key in the required details on this page and then click on Save Changes.
This procedure is very simple and does not require customers to contact McAfee help for any kind of support. However, in case of any query, you may call the toll-free number provided on this website. It helps you in reaching the best independent third-party McAfee help number. Please read the terms & conditions before calling the toll-free number.
Steps to redeem McAfee product key
Once you purchase a McAfee software, the first step that you need to do is to activate McAfee product key. To redeem the product key, you have to follow these steps. This method is for retail purchases of McAfee products.
- Open any desired web browser and key in the link that is given on the retail card in the address bar of your browser.
- Choose the desired language and the country as per your location.
- Now you have to key in the McAfee Product Key that will be included in the quick start guide and also enters your Email Address in the space provided.
- After verifying the details, click on the Submit
Once you have successfully redeemed the product key, you can proceed with the activation of the subscription.
How to install McAfee antivirus software in Windows or MAC
The customer can follow the steps given here in this article for McAfee software download and also know how to install McAfee software. Customers will get the McAfee product key for the product they purchased through the McAfee store and the same should be used during the McAfee installation.
- Go to the McAfee official website and log in to your account.
- Tap on the Products
- Choose the McAfee antivirus software bundle that you wish to install.
- Tap on Download for McAfee software download and then click on Agree button for the license agreement.
- Keep the serial number that is displayed as it might be required later.
- Then you have to follow the steps on screen for McAfee software download and McAfee installation on your system.
Sometimes customers can face technical issues with the procedure. If for some reason the McAfee software download or the McAfee installation fails, then customers can contact McAfee help for quick assistance. The customer can also get in touch with the McAfee customer support if they want to know more details on how to install McAfee software. If the software was downloaded properly and if there are issues only with McAfee installation, then they might have to run the Pre-Install tool that is available on the McAfee website.
How to install McAfee antivirus software on a secondary system
If you wish to use your McAfee software on your child’s system, then you can use this article below to know how to install McAfee antivirus software on a secondary computer. This can be done from the primary system where you have the product already installed. You have to just send a link for the McAfee installation from the primary system and then click that link on the secondary system for McAfee software download and then finish the McAfee installation on that system. You can always reach out to McAfee help for any kind of support that you might need.
- Go to McAfee home page from the primary system where you have the McAfee product installed.
- Tap on My Account and then Sign In.
- To send the link for download to the secondary system, click on My Account.
- Go to Subscriptions and then tap on Add Device that you can find near the product that you wish to install on the secondary system.
- Choose the type of device (Windows or Mac).
- Tap on Send Link, and then enter the email address through which you can access this link on the secondary system.
- Now tap on Send Email to send an email with a link to download link is sent to the computer you want to install to.
- Go to the secondary system and open that particular email you had sent with the link for McAfee software download.
- Tap on the link to download the product.
- Follow the steps that will guide you on how to install McAfee software.
This procedure completes the McAfee installation on a secondary system. If you get stuck at any point, do not hesitate to get in touch with McAfee support via phone or email. Or else, call the toll-free number presented here. It helps you by transferring your call to an independent third-party McAfee help number. Investigate the terms and conditions properly before calling the toll-free number.
How to install McAfee software in Android device?
You have to first download the McAfee app in your Android mobile device.
- In your Android device go to the Google Play Store.
- Type McAfee Mobile Security in the search bar.
- Click on the McAfee Mobile Security and open it.
- Tap on the Install Then wait for the download and install to complete.
- Tap on the Open button once the installation is done to open the McAfee software.
- Press the Accept and Start Protection button for the license agreement.
- You have to wait for a couple of minutes for the configuration to complete.
The next step is to send an activation key to your mobile android device from your system where you already have the McAfee software in use.
Note: This activation key is different from the McAfee product key or the license key that you get when you purchase the software.
- Open the McAfee home page in your computer.
- Go to My Account and tap on Sign In.
- Then tap on Subscriptions and this will take you to your McAfee subscription.
- Tap on Add Device and choose the desired device.
- Press on Send Link tab and then choose the appropriate type of Android device and the type of subscription.
- Tap on Next
- In the next window for How should we send the link, you can choose to have the link with the activation key sent as Text or an Email to the mobile device.
- As per the option selected, you have to enter your phone number or email address in the space provided.
- Then tap on Send an email or Text me
- The last step is to activate the McAfee software on the Android mobile device.
- In the Android mobile device open the email if you had sent the link via email or go to messages if you had sent the link as text.
- The email or message will have the link with the activation code (this is not the McAfee product key).
- Now open the McAfee app in your mobile.
- Click on the User symbol in the top right hand side corner.
- Click on Got an activation code.
- Key in the activation code from the email or text and then wait for a couple of minutes for the activation to complete.
- Key in a new 6-digit PIN number and then confirm the same.
- Click on the orange color circle at the top right hand side corner.
- Choose Set your security question.
- Key in the 6-digit security PIN that you had previously created.
- Then pick any two security questions and also key in the answers for them of your choice.
- Click on Save.
- Then click on Activate Uninstall Protection and then click on Activate.
- Finally, click Finish.
This completes the steps for installing the McAfee software in Android mobile device. If customers face any issue, they can always use the McAfee help to have their issues resolved effectively.
McAfee Password Manager
The McAfee SafeKey is McAfee password manager that helps to save and remember all your online login ids and related passwords securely. Your All-Access McAfee subscription is inclusive of the McAfee password manager as well. The McAfee product key that you get with your purchase of the McAfee product includes the key to your SafeKey account as well. Thus with one McAfee subscription, you can enjoy multiple benefits. Using the McAfee password manager you can effortlessly and automatically sign into your favorite online accounts. Not just that, McAfee SafeKey can also help in creating strong passwords for each online account that you have.
Steps to install McAfee Password Manager on your PC
- Sign in to your McAfee account and go to My Account.
- Tap on My Password Manager and then click on Get Started.
- Select the PC symbol that is listed below the Add a Device tab and then tap on the Download
- To choose the desired product, you have to click on McAfee SafeKey and then tap on Download.
- Now you will be taken to the download screen. Make sure to note down the activation code for McAfee SafeKey that will be provided on this screen as you will need this code later.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the software and to create the account for McAfee SafeKey.
Once the installation is complete, the SafeKey account creation will also be completed. You have to close the browser and then re-open it and then click on the browser symbol to begin using the McAfee SafeKey account.
Steps to install McAfee Password Manager on a mobile device
- In the Android mobile device go to Google Play (or Apple App store for IOS device) for downloading the McAfee password manager to the mobile device.
- Type McAfee SafeKey in the search bar and search for it.
- Click on the McAfee SafeKey app that is for free and open
- Tap on the Install Then wait for the download and install to complete.
- Complete the install and use the app by signing into the SafeKey account that you had created on the PC.
Customers can contact McAfee help for any doubts that they may have regarding this procedure. They can also call the toll-free number provided on this website. It transfers your call to one of the independent third-party McAfee help number.
Steps to renew McAfee subscription
McAfee renewal is a very simple procedure and does not require the customer to call the McAfee customer care for support. Customers have to just follow the steps given here for McAfee renewal. This is manual renewal and is different from McAfee auto renewal method.
- Sign in to the McAfee account.
- Choose My Account in the top right side of the My Account page. To go to your McAfee subscription, you have to click on Subscriptions.
- Tap on All expired to see the subscriptions that are expired. Alternately, you can tap on View active to look at all your current active subscriptions.
- Go to the subscription that you wish to renew and then tap on Renew.
This completes the McAfee renewal of the subscription that you wish to renew. Customers can also their subscription to McAfee auto renewal if they wish to. When customers have multiple subscriptions, the manual McAfee renewal is a better option to use depending on their usage.
Steps to turn McAfee auto renewal option on or off
Customers have to just follow the easy steps given below to either turn on or turn off the McAfee auto renewal option.
- Open the McAfee home page and then log in to your McAfee account.
- Choose My Account in the top right side of the My Account page.
- Then tap on Auto-Renewal Settings.
- Choose the product for which you would like to turn McAfee auto renewal option on or off.
- Then choose either Turn Off or Turn On as per your choice.
Once you turn off the McAfee auto renewal for a subscription, you have to make sure that the McAfee renewal of that particular McAfee subscription is done manually. In the unfortunate event of you getting stuck with the McAfee renewal, you have to get in touch with McAfee help without any hesitation.